Billing Questions & Concerns
Please call our office @ 410-569-4224 ext 101
Monday- Thursday 9am-4pm
Ask to speak with Danielle
To ensure a better experience, we have changed billing companies. Please be patient as we navigate through the new system and processes.
JS Medical Billing 410-569-2387
Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm EST
Please disregard the prior number on statements.
We are committed to providing you with the highest quality medical care possible in a cost effective manner. Our professional fees have been determined through careful consideration in addition to being reasonable and customary within our geographical area. In order to achieve our goal of providing you with the best care possible, we need your assistance and your understanding or our financial policy. We are pleased to discuss any questions you may have concerning a bill.
- Insurance: If you are not insured by a plan we do business with, payment in full is expected at each visit. If we accept your insurance but you don't have an up-to-date insurance card, payment in full for each visit is required until we can verify your coverage. It is your responsibility to know your insurance benefits including deductibles, copayments as well as contracted lab, radiology and hospital facilities. Please contact your insurance company with any questions you may have regarding your coverage. It is your responsibility to notify our office of any change in your insurance coverage. Your insurance policy is a contract between you and your insurance company. We are not a party to that contract.
- Co-Payments, Deductibles & Co-Insurance: All co-payments must be paid at the time of service. This arrangement is part of your contract with your insurance company. Failure on our part to collect co-payments can be considered fraud. Any co-pays not collected at the time of visit will result in a $15.00 processing fee added to your account.
- Non-Covered Services: All health plans are not the same, and they do not always cover the same services. Please be aware that some of the services you receive may be determined to be "not covered" by your health plan. You must pay for these services in full.
- Proof of Insurance: We will bill your insurance on the information you provide us at the time of service. This requires us to copy your current insurance card. We will also require you to confirm your registration information. Your failure to provide us with the correct information could result in the denial of your claim. If this occurs, you assume responsibility for the entire amount of the claim.
- No Show / Late Cancellation Fees: We charge $25 for missed appointments and for appointments not cancelled with at least 24 hours notice. These charges will be your responsibility and billed directly to you. Please help us to serve you better by keeping your scheduled appointment. You will be charge $50.00 if you fail to cancel a Physical within 24 hours of appointment.
- Minors: A parent/legal guardian must accompany a minor patient on his first visit to our office so we can obtain a signature to treat the minor patient. A minor may be treated on subsequent visits without a parent/guardian if we have a written permission. The adult accompanying the minor patient is responsible for the payment of the rendered service at the time of service.
- Non-Payment: If your account is over 90 days past due and there has been no communication with our billing department, you and your immediate family members could be discharged from our practice. In addition, your account could be sent to collections.
- All balances are due prior to any further services are provided by our office.
As a courtesy to our patients, we accept cash, personal checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover. There will be a $30 fee for all returned checks. We will not be able to accept personal checks if any previous checks are returned by bank.
$20.00 FORM FEE: Completion of forms for the use outside of the patients medical record, including but not limited to day care, sports, pre-employment physicals, life insurance, disability applications and detailed work notes. All form fees are to be paid in cash at our office.
MEDICAL RECORD RELEASE: The State of Maryland allows us to charge $22.88 for Medical Record retrieval and preparation, plus a copy charge of .76 cents per page, plus the actual cost of the postage and handling. We only copy the records generated by our office.
*All policies and fees are subject to change at any time.